Submitted by: Jeanne Walsh
The first Nebraska survey was made in 1837 by a Baptist missionary. He surveyed a line across the southeast corner of the state from the Little Nemaha River to the Great Nemaha River in what is now Richardson County. The land between this line and the Missouri River was to have a special purpose. What was it called and what was the purpose?
Point here for Dick Taylor's answer --->
The Half Breed Strip. It was to be the home of those who were part white and part Indian.
|© Oldtime Nebraska, 1999|